Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ready to Roll

Well, it's Wednesday, July 23, about 6 pm, and I'm about ready to get out and git 'er done.

I got up pretty early this morning, grabbed a quick breakfast, and did a long walk to get some pictures of Kamloops. Then I went back to the hotel and watched the rest of the day's Tour stage (Carlos Sastre rocks!) before loading up the bike and heading over to the Kamloops Curling Club for check in.

Although they weren't due to be there until 10 am, there was a slew of volunteers ready and waiting, so I quickly went thru the bike check, signed the forms, and got my jerseys - 0ne for the Randowife (I don't like to call her the Randowidow ... that could be bad luck) - and a t-shirt for the Randodaughter. I then hung around chatting with some of the volunteers and other riders. They think I'm crazy for wearing sandals, by the way - even with heavy wool socks. Time will tell, but I do have a few chemical toe warmers and another pair of socks, just in case.

I was back in the hotel by 11 and tried to sleep this afternoon. Even though I kept waking up, and didn't get what most people would consider "quality rest," I stayed in bed and pretended to sleep for almost six hours. I'm now going to grab a shower, shave, go eat some breakfast, and pretend it's morning. Don't tell my body ... I think it's falling for it.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are "rolling" well, right in the middle of the pack!

    ReplyDelete